Saturday, December 24, 2011

Windstream Internet keeps going out~!~~?

I have a quick question about my Internet.. I have windstream as my ISP and we have had past troubles with Windstream but not quite as often or as bad as now.. Now our internet is going out all the time.. It will go out and just keep resetting itself.. The only way to get the Internet connection again is to turn it off and then back on and then it will catch a connection again. Not sure what to do and or what... Plz don't mention to call windstream or have a technician come to my place because I have already done that and nothing.. so anyways it will stay up for a little while and then all of a sudden quit again.. We have a linksys router so not sure if that is interfering with the modem itself or what but another problem is my laptop is almost like ruining the internet if that makes any sense.. Most of the time the internet will be fine on the desktop and then I go get my mac and use it for a second and the internet will quit on both computers (mac and desktop PC)... If anyone has any suggestions of what to do plz let me know.%26gt;%26gt; DESPERATE for answers... THANK YOU SO MUCH!|||That happened to us all the time, but we finally figured it out %26amp; it hasn't reset since. Turn off the sleep mode on all computers that are or may eventually connect thru the router. As soon as one goes into sleep mode, the router will shut down. Control Panel/Power Options, from there if varies by which version of Windows you have, but make sure to set it to "Never" goes into sleep mode or hibernates.|||I haven't heard of Windstream and dont know what they are known for, but try contacting them

No comments:

Post a Comment