Saturday, December 24, 2011

How can I get Windstream to disconnect my phone and internet service?

I closed my business on February 8, 2011. I have been trying since that date to get Windstream to disconnect phone and internet service.





They asked me to send them a letter on company letterhead asking that the service be disconnected since they cannot accept a phone call asking that it be turned off. I informed them that I did not have company letterhead, so they said I could simply send an e-mail to them from my listed e-mail address and that would work. I sent the e-mail and received no response.





I called my rep and asked for help. She called the company and asked that service be disconnected. They did not respond.





My Rep also asked me to send a letter to them. I did send the letter and received no response.





I received a call from Windstream asking for payment and I explained that the business was closed and that service needs to be disconnected and that I did not owe them a balance. They said I needed to send an e-mail to them. I did. That e-mail did not get a response.





I was again contacted by them and was told I needed to write on my invoice that I wanted service disconnected. I did send the invoice with notations about disconnecting service and that did not get any response except to get another bill.





The latest bill now totals almost $1,200 that I do not owe. The business is closed for three months and I cannot seem to get them to stop service. Any suggestions? I have jumped through every hoop they tossed at me with no responses. It should not be this difficult to get service turned off.





Any help would be grateful.|||Does the state you live in have a Public Utilities Commission. Call them, first.





Then send a note/e-mail telling them that you have,

No comments:

Post a Comment