Saturday, December 24, 2011

Why does my internet go out when it rains?

I've had Windstream dsl for about a year now and I've had problems with it since I got it, but it seems like it's worse when it is raining. I had a technician come to my house to look at it but he just sat at my computer for 20 minutes, did nothing, said it was fine, and charged me $45. I can't get them to do anything about any problems I have with their dsl inside or outside the house. What should I do?|||The problem is that you have DSL, switch to cable internet.|||u cant do anything about it when it rains since all the radio waves will be slowed down or get corrupted during the rain thus destroying the connection|||i think its because the cables underground go retarded|||the water leaks into the cabling


Yes its true!


speak to your telephone provider.|||We had windstream too and whenever it rained or snowed a lot, our internet and t.v. service cut out... don't call them and waste the money for them to look at the stuff - it's so NOT worth it. They'll just keep charging your for something they know is never going to be fixed because that's just what's wrong with their service. Bah, stupid windstream.|||the problem is not on your PC, it is on the ISP(internet service provider) you call the hotline if your ISP they should take charge of that, and ni payment needed.|||i suspect u have a crappy internet service provider.if u connect to a router through your isp, the packets should travel through the best path once it get that far, to its destination. The problem probably was with wires or some connection between your computer and your ISP. If it works when it is sunny, probably a wet switch outdoors needs to be replaced. complain and track it the best you can.|||cancel it . they ask you why. tell them the problem and how their technician charged you $45. and be a bit angry. lol and watch them saying sorry and hopefully they will really fix it

1 comment:

  1. We have the same problem with Windstream everytime it rains.

    ReplyDelete