Friday, December 16, 2011

Windstream DSL without a phone line?

I am moving and want to get DSL in our new apartment but can only get Windstream but we don't want to get a house phone because we have cell phones. Is it possible to get Windstream DSL without having a phone line? Thanks in advance.|||you need to ask for the stand alone, http://www.windstream.com/residential/br鈥?/a>





you will still need a POTS line(phone line) because that is how you get ADSL to the home, but you will not be able to make calls out on the line.


they will charge a small amount for line lease(around 5.00) but it will be much cheaper.





I currently am on att service that provides this 39.00 for 3.0Mbps and have no home phone





Hope this answers your question


pj|||To date, most phone companies will only provide DSL service if you get a phone line. I was a Windstream customer previously, and I tried everything to reason with them, since I was like you, and I did not need a phone line. There is supposedly some movement in the industry to allow this, especially since cable competitors will get the business, but the last I checked the monopoly phone companies were still sticking it to the customer.





I signed up for the most basic Windstream phone service, without any features, and was able to have them give me a package deal including DSL that cost me little additional $. Just call the local cable company to ge their prices (even if they don't provide service to your apartment), then use that with Windstream to tell them you will go cable if they don't make it worth the $ for you.|||Before you decide to go with Windstream read this article.





http://www.associatedcontent.com/article鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment