Saturday, December 24, 2011

Need POP and SMTP to add Yahoo on my computer?

I need to know Yahoo's POP (incoming message) and SMTP (outgoing message) to add Yahoo to my email. Right now Windstream is my primary mail but when I move in November Yahoo will become my primary and only email server and I need to information to install it.|||In order to use a separate email program, such as Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Mail, or Thunderbird, with Yahoo Mail you need POP3. It is also needed when using any program or right clicking on a file to directly send email. It is free in the UK, AU, and NZ but in the US you must pay for Yahoo Mail Plus. It is also required when you try to transfer the mail using smtp or pop3 to another online email. When you do you can set the servers as follows:





Incoming (pop3)


     US - plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com Use SSL; Port 995


     UK - pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk Use SSL; Port 995


     AU and NZ - pop.mail.yahoo.com.au Use SSL; Port 995





Outgoing (smtp)


     US - plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com Use TLS; Port 465


     UK - smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk Use SSL and TLS; Port 465


     AU and NZ - smtp.mail.yahoo.com.au Use SSL and TLS; Port 465





NOTE: The same servers are used for ymail and rocketmail. Use the entire email address as the Yahoo ID.





You can also look at the program Ypops. I have no recommendation for or against.





₪ ʎəɿʞɹɐq ₪

No comments:

Post a Comment