Saturday, December 24, 2011

How to connect a windstream modem to a linksys router?

I just recently got windstream highspeed dsl modem. I have a linksys wrt54g router that I would like to hook up with the windsteam modem. I don't know how to do that. I was able to connect my previous modem to the router but I cannot figure this one out. Can someone help me or point me in the right direction. I'm a noob so you'll have to speak in simple terms. HELP!!!!|||The phone line plugs into the modem. The modem plugs into the router's wan or internet port using the ethernet cable. Using another ethernet cable, connect your computer to the router. Then, you need to log into the router and configure its connection type to use PPPoE. After that is done, enter your dsl username and password. Save that info, and it should connect.|||Simple terms your modem should have an incoming line for service dsl means phone the linksys should have a port on the back labled WAN this is the ethernet port you should connect your modem to. That is assuming that your modem has a ethernet port. which is where you run into trouble I am guessing. If your modem only has a usb port then you either want to get a new modem or you can get a small converter from your local computer store It is a USB to ethernet Or there may be a usb inon the router whisch I think there is. So then you would use a serial usb which has one square end This should get you where you are going I hope

No comments:

Post a Comment