Saturday, December 24, 2011

How do I stabilize my dsl modem's connection?

It's a speedstream modem for windstream internet. The problem is it drops the dsl, and connects again randomly at least 25 times a day if not more. I've called their customer service line, but they just told me to reset the modem (which i did) and it didn't work. Help. I don't want to spend another hour on the phone with someone who can't fluently speak my language. It's frustrating.|||Does your dsl light blink or go out when it drops? If so, sounds like a bad filter, line or jack...or could be a line problem on the windstream side. Check out the following link with more steps on what to do. If you still need to contact support again...demand to speak to a US based rep. I know your frustrations with that...I lost my job to them.





http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r1904531鈥?/a>|||I confirm the other answer you had. Split and filter right where it enters the house and run the dsl through a filter there and then straight to the location of the modem. Fixed everything.|||I had the same thing. Check the time whenever it goes out, because mine used to go out on exact 30 minute intervals. To fix the problem, I went to the central telephone jack in my apartment and put a filter in where dsl coming into the apartment would go straight to my bedroom where I use it, and phone service would go to the rest of the rooms. Then I replaced the modem and the phone jack in my bedroom. Its much faster now and does not drop out. You could have a technician do this for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment