Monday, December 19, 2011

How do people get such high download speeds?

I went to speedtest.net where it said I download things at 12 mb/s. Which is the highest speed Windstream offers in my town. But I go on some forums and some people have like 80 mb/s speedtest test results in their signature. How the hell do they get such fast internet speeds?|||downloading from multiple sites or people? On limewire I can get up to 200kps from several people. But the trick would be to do some house keeping on your PC, like delete browsing history, tidy registry, defrag hard drive, delete temp internet files, scan for malware / spyware, sufficient ram and any other bottlenecks. I wouldn't place to much faith in speed test, if it is to be accurate it would be registered with the weights and measures department as a measuring device?|||They are connected to a backbone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment