Saturday, December 24, 2011

Is there a way to turn off my internet during the day?

I go to classes at 6, and while I'm gone my mom goes through all of my stuff and spies on me.


I can't just put a password on my computer cause i'll get in trouble. But she seriously keeps prying and it's VERY annoying. I'm 19, and she snoops like i'm 15. :( I just want some privacy.


I have Windstream. Can I turn it off while I'm gone?|||Every time your done with your computer just erase your activity...





Download a good temp cleaner to clear all your tracks everytime you finished with a computer session....





I use one called ATF Cleaner, but its strickly for deleting temp files, not recent files or folders and such...





One is called TrackEraser... but you have to pay for it...|||If you have access to your router you can configure times to where the internet will work. This will only block internet traffic though, she will still be able to see things on your desktop and such.





If you need help configuring this just shoot me an email and I'll help you out.|||"I can't just put a password on my computer cause i'll get in trouble."





So, what you have is a relationship issue, not a networking issue.





Yes, you can turn off your Internet connect but what good would that do? If you can't/won't/don't secure your computer, she doesn't need for your internt connection to be active.|||password it because "you cannot trust HER"





People who cannot trust you are not trustworthy.|||Do you have your own router? If so then take it to class with you. If you have your own computer disable it when you are not there eg unplug the hard disk.

No comments:

Post a Comment