Saturday, December 24, 2011

I need help hooking up another computer to the internet with windstream?

We just switched our internet service from road runner to windstream, and since my upstairs computer was in the shop at the time, the guy who installed our service just gave us one router for our downstairs computer, and with only 1 ethernet port. It just has 3 ports for power to the dish and to our computer, so I'm not sure how to get my upstairs computer hooked up now. I have an ethernet cable in place that runs upstairs. Could I just purchase an ethernet doubler and hook it up, and use the same router for two computers?|||If it's really a router, just add a switch to it's one LAN port, then plug whatever you need into those switch ports.


If it's not really a router, but just a modem, you will have to add a router. Typical symptom of "just a modem" is that only one PC can access the internet at one time - the others fail...

No comments:

Post a Comment