Saturday, December 24, 2011

My router connected to a windstream DSL modem works ok on the main computer But:?

I have place a question pertaining to my Router connected to my windstreal DSL modem on my mainframe is working fine on the mainstream, however when i try to access it with the laptop it will show Connected and actualy allow my Instant messenger from Yahoo to come on and actually function apparently normally, however when i attempt to open IE7 for my Yahoo e-mail i get the message that the IE cannot open this page, I am running Network Magic and the program indicates that I am fully connected however the ie will not give me access to downloadings etc. someone suggested my Firewall was blocking it, I turned the windows firewall OFF on Both computers to no avail the same message pops up,I am a novice at this and certainly admit my lack of knowledge about what to do.First I would like to know exactly what i have to do to turn off the firewall, is the windows firewall the one they meant this is really a bafflingissue to a dummy like me please there must be someone that has an answer.|||contact tech support for the router first if they cant help try your isp tech support


if i was there i could probably diagnose it but it could be many different things, too difficult to explain everything in a msg, easier to call tech support|||Contacting any tech support can be expencive.


send me your conntact details i will add you to messenger and walk you through, had the same problem but there are a few things that can cos this.

No comments:

Post a Comment