Saturday, December 10, 2011

Windstream vs. Time Warner vs. Verizon, which should I chose?

I need to cut back on my expenses and am looking for a less expensive Internet Service Provider. Right now, I have CenturyTel and they have GREAT tech support so I am spoiled and would like to have something comparable at a lower price.


In my area Windstream, Time Warner and Verizon are competing and have some promotions going on so I am about to make the switch but am looking to make a wise decision. The two most important factors are 1) Customer Service %26amp; 2) Price.





Any suggestions?|||Verizon is very good. BUT, if you like to use streaming video, you may have problems with it. We had to switch from Verizon to Comcast (which we absolutely loathe), in order to watch college basketball games live online. Verizon was too slow and often became jerky or froze completely.





When I lived in NC, Time Warner was very good and very fast. I don't know anything about Windstream. It's not available in my area.





Customer service and cost: Verizon is a good buy and their customer service has been decent, not good, not horrible. Time Warner I haven't used in a few years, so no current info. Comcast is not on your list, but it's expensive and the service is the worst IMO. It's what we currently use for internet and TV and we hate it.





If it were not for the streaming video/basketball thing, we'd go back to Verizon in a heartbeat.





Good luck!





Edit: I should add, if you're looking at Verizon, that the streaming video thing probably won't apply to you. Where I live, we don't have Verizon FIOS fiber optic cable laid. If FIOS is available to you, you would not have our problem.|||Comcast %26amp; Qwest are probably the best isp you can get! Look into those two and see if they are affordable!|||Verizon

No comments:

Post a Comment