Saturday, December 10, 2011

How do I get Ubuntu Linux to detect a windstream modem?

I am hooking up my brothers new computer which has Ubuntu Linux and I need to know how to get it to detect his windstream modem.|||I suspect that your modem doesn't have any driver for linux. THe Windstream website apparently only has windows drivers, and a search on the linux compatibility list turns up nothing. See the links below.|||Are you using just the one PC or are you creating a home network? If only using one, the PC will be wired directly to the modem and shouldn't be any problem....if there is, just call windstream and they will help ya!


If you're making a home network, than I would advise you to buy a router.





ps...I have 3 Ubuntu Linux laptops all running on a wireless router plus my desktop....running all at the same time and no problems!

No comments:

Post a Comment