Saturday, December 10, 2011

How do I get Windstream to offer high speed internet in my area?

I live in the country. Moving is not an option. When I moved from the city limits, I no longer can get high-speed internet. Windstream calls offering more phone options and I request high speed everytime. I've asked my local office and they say that is not their area. My question is who do I call to get some action? People living within five minutes of my home have it, so why don't they offer it in my area?|||If Windstream uses DSL, it could be tough, a dsl line can only go so far without a substation or whatever they call it. It's only 17,000 feet. Which is only a little over 3 miles. You could be 1 minute from people you have it and not be able to get it, if they are at the end of the line. You need to have enough people in your area to make it worth it for them. How many that is I don't know. Or if there are plans for a lot of homes in your area you may be able to get them to do it. But these companies usually take their time.


http://www.windstream.com/support/defaul鈥?/a>|||The only way to get it is to have A BUNCH of people request it. Do you think a company will do it JUST FOR YOU?|||hmm...the only way to get what you want is to riot...I say burn down that local office of theres... maybe they'll reconsider...

No comments:

Post a Comment